Sunday, November 28, 2004

Characteristics of the Dearest Place on Earth

Home is the place where...

1. Waking up is generally accompanied by the sensation of a ferret rolling around on my tummy.
2. I can bypass knowledge of temporality (i.e. looking at a clock) until noon at least.
3. Every day brings its share of Les Miserables and Princess Bride quotes.
4. I am permitted to wash pots (and blow soap bubbles).
5. My little brother calls me Krasiva, Mama calls me Tisy, and Daddy calls me Baby. At college, I am sadly deprived of nicknames.
6. My world is not allowed to revolve around me. This is why I don't ever want to live by myself; it would be far too easy to revert to utter selfishness. College is bad enough! Being at home with a large family, however, requires an attitude of servanthood. Hallelujah!
7. Manheim Steamroller, Christmas in the Aire. Nuff said.
8. Mike, Nate, David, and I can crowd around one tiny table for a fierce game of Rummy, and all be singing folk songs (The Fox Ran Out Upon a Chilly Night), and beating time with our feet, and still have enough mind left over to tease Mike for always counting up all the points.
9. No matter what quote I make, or what allusion, however slight, everybody knows exactly what I mean, and can extend, improve upon, or at least name the source of the quote. That is about as close to telepathy as is comfortable.
10. Daddy reads aloud to us, most recently a children's book by Lemony Snicket, called A Series of Unfortunate Events. It is a good book cleverly disguised as a perfectly foul one.


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Praelucor, I am enjoying some idle time and looking to see what white fence will bring up. Characteristics of the Dearest Place on Earth is certainly interesting and informative. white fence is a good word to bring into the conversation. Great post. Enjoy your day!

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Praelucor, it’s late in the evening, quiet and peaceful. This is good computer time for me. I thought I would check on plastic comb and see what came up. Characteristics of the Dearest Place on Earth is something that is interesting to many people. I will also spend a little time checking on plastic comb. Getting late, have a good evening.

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Praelucor,

Stumbled across your blog when doing research on love spells. Read a few posts, so thought I'd say hi. Thanks for the read! :)

Me. -- !These magic love spells got my love back!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home