Sunday, December 12, 2004

Welcome Home

I am sitting here listening to the Vienna Boys Choir perform "My Heart Will Go On." Not kidding, folks. It makes me laugh every time I hear it, and this is just that sort of night. I also have a species of bug-eyed helmet on my head, courtesy of Danya. Maybe he thinks that it will help me focus, but have you ever tried looking through inverted, red-tinted plastic cups? How about with the bottom of a plant-holder for a mouthpiece? He informs me that this is a "legitimate dollar-store gas mask." Do I believe him? Nyet. There's too much classy duct-tape on that baby for it to be a legit dollar-store product. Oh yeah...I'm only on the computer at all because I need to research for a Physics paper on nuclear hydrogen experiments. It's due Tuesday, but at the moment David has finished taking a pair of pruners (think of two-foot scissors) to the mouthpiece of the "gas mask," and is singing into his tinny toy microphone through the hole which has been created. Distracting isn't the word for it.

"Why, Danya? Why?"

"It's homework, Krasiva."

The sick thing is, I believe him. Graphics Art majors at his school take classes in fingerpainting and hang logs from trees for credit. Meanwhile I, the Literature major, sit here researching nuclear hydrogen experiments.

And now the Vienna Boys are singing "Only Time."

I think that I'm justified in feeling myself to be at home. Eggnog please, garcon!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

That, Tristia, is precisely the way it works. Of course the lit majors research nuclear hydrogen while their graphic arts major little brothers make bug masks.

And your blog entry itself is a beautiful specimen. :-) I wonder if R & W assignments would become better written if they were assigned blog entries?

12:26 AM  
Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

I beg your pardon and withdraw my calling it a bug mask. :-)

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home