Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Spring Term

Golly! I got next semester's schedule in the mail today, and it's a doozy. Across the country, PHC students are counting down to January 12th, First Day of Classes. We will stream back to the Halls of Learning with songs of... well, something. Dirges or praise; it depends on the individual. Personally, I intend to enjoy the upcoming academic term to its every corner.

My hairy schedule includes Linguistics, Topics (Bible and Literature), Geometry, and Music Appreciation. It's one of those strung-out affairs that ranges from 8 AM to 8 PM over the course of the week. I am undaunted, although I have no doubt that the blog will suffer as it always does when I return to full-time learning.

This semester I shall reside in Dorm 3, known for its elegant decorations and environment of studious harmony. Usually I prefer to study at Founders in the evenings, but with a quiet dorm, I may actually get reading done in house.

On the docket for extracurricular activities: Bible Doctrine, The Epic of the Crusades, Medieval History, The Rare Jewel of Christian Contentment... and others. I intend to do some serious research on the Middle Ages, as I have become convinced that they deserve more attention than modern scholars usually give them.

The spring promises to be, as always, a gradual and pleasant downgrade to the long summer break. I'm looking forward to church membership and more involvement at GCC, as well as whatever projects Dr. Hake may have for his Lit. students. Hail to a new semester!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home