Monday, February 28, 2005

Air Hockey

I have been sadly neglecting you, my dear--I have told you nothing about air hockey. I have told you nothing about the small coterie of devoted players who meet almost every evening, round about 9 PM (that magic hour) to whack pucks, discuss papers, tease one another, talk, and relax over the clatter of the air hockey table.

The table resides at Dorm 5's very height, on the third-floor landing. Last night was particularly satisfying, for we had three giants of the Table with us. David Snyder, his brother Tom, and Sarah Pride, who is commonly acknowledged as the female PHC champion. No one can touch Tom, except David. It has been said that Michael Tighe once beat David, but I don't believe it.

First Sarah whupped me, and then, miraculously, I beat her by a single point. It was a fluke. Tom beat me, again by a comfortingly small margin, and then David whaled on him (7-2, ouch!) Sarah played David in one of the zippiest games I've ever seen, but ultimately lost, next I played David, and was more than content with being beaten 7-5.

Today, it being a snow day, Sarah has organized an Air Hockey Tournament. Hoo, boy! Details at eleven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home