Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Her Nibs

"Honey, have you seen Her Nibs this morning?"

It was Mama, leaning over to kiss me as I sat in the computer chair. For about three seconds, I couldn't figure out who "Her Nibs" might be. Then, realization dawned. I chuckled inwardly.

"Nope, Mom, sorry."

"She didn't appear in your bed this morning?"

I laughed. "No, not this morning." Tomorrow could be a different story...

"Hmm.." Mama wandered off, exceeding all legal limits of cuteness in a pink shirt and jeans.

"Her Nibs" is Emma, our ferret, and on my first morning at home for Spring Break, guess who I found in my bed? Yup. Actually, I opened my eyes about an hour before actually rising and saw her face about six inches from mine, bobbing up and down as she scrabbled for a foothold on the edge of the bed. Apparently she was trying to jump up from the sidetable. Before I could reach out, there was a THUMP, and Emma hit the floor, only to shake herself and scamper off, apparently miffed.

I would have been miffed too.

Yesterday was a rainy, thundery day, a day for curling up in the Prussian Blue room, flicking the gas fireplace on, and sipping tea. Sometime in the late afternoon, I wandered by Emma's cage and reached in. She was sleeping. Have you ever cuddled a sleepy ferret?

Bliss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home