Friday, May 27, 2005

The Daily Quote

This edition brought to you by Happy Soaps, the only soap that makes you smile!

Yyyyeah. Or something like that.

Joining us on this show will be Mom and Dave (Davy, Danya), my little brother, who is graphically redesigning the curriculum for us this summer. Also Casey, who is no relation, but is Mom's executive assistant. Also Garret, who is Courtney's brother and Davy's friend and Nate's trusted henchmen for all things involving the copier, and was a classmate of mine back in high school. We believe in nepotism around here.

“I need to acquire a brain.” – Christy
“When you manage that, let me know where you found it. I’d like to get one too.” - Laura

“You know I would do it, Garret. You know I would.” - Casey
“Oh, I know you would shoot me, Casey. Would you shoot me in the face with a dart gun, Christy?” - Garret
“Hmmm…” – Christy
“You plead the fifth? Good.” – Garret
“I don’t know you well enough to shoot you. I like you well enough to shoot you, but I don’t know you well enough to shoot you. There’s a difference.” – Christy
“Right.” – Garret
“But at least I like you well enough. Nobody shoots people they don’t like.” – Christy
“Um….that last statement may bear examination.” – Laura

“Oops! I just stuck my sucking straw in the soapy water. And of course, once you’ve stuck your sucking straw in soapy water, you can’t suck it any more.” – Christy

“You know, our breaks consist of stopping writing to argue a procedure. We’re that desperate.” – Christy
“Yes!” - Laura

“I still say that it would be much less painful to write thematic quizzes. Then at least there’d be something worth saying!” – Laura
“Aren’t quizzes factual by habit?” - Christy
“No, it’s by unfortunate coincidence! And lack of imagination!” - Laura

“I’m just saying that you may want to know what a study guide is before you try to crossbreed it with a quiz. From what you’ve told me, you’ve never worked with study guides.” – Christy
“I don’t care about the parentage of my beast. It has sprung fully clothed from my mind!” – Laura, smiling.
“Well, if you want to go give birth to Athenas all over the place…” – Christy, smiling back.
::much laughter::

“I have made fire!” – David, flicking on a cigarette lighter.

“That’s exactly where I want to go! Hast hit it, friend Wiggle!” – Mom to David, providing a lovely example of our family’s quotatious speech patterns.

“I was singing beautifully. That was a gift to the world, the way I just sang!” – Davy

“Yeah.” – Davy
“Yeah.” – Christy
“Yeah… I’m a nut.” – Davy
“Yup.” – Christy

On licking the peanut butter knife:
“Well, no one else wanted it!” – Nate
“I must admit that I myself, even I, have done it.” – Mom
“Gasp! Unsanitary!” – Davy
“I kiss all of you! I birthed all of you! It is not unsanitary!” – Mom

“How to sport with the intelligence of high school students: give them Bible quizzes.” – Christy
“Yes!” – Davy

“Hi Squishy.” – Christy, getting a hug from Charity
“Mmm… I’m sleepy.” – Charity
“Hi Sleepy.” – Christy
“Are you sleepy?” – Charity
“No, I slept.” – Christy
“Oh. I’m sleepy.” – Charity

“Aha! I knew I liked Charity.” – Davy, stealing his sister’s mechanical pencil.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

FUNNY!

--She Who Signs with the Sign of the Mouse<:3 )----

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home