Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Are You My Mother?





I woke this morning from the first deep sleep I've had in a week, and toddled into my mother's room.

"Are you my mother?" I asked, invoking a child's picture-book that she used to read to us, about a baby bird who had lost its mother and went around asking the same question of every creature it met.
"Yes, I am your mother." Mommy said.

Bliss.

I talked to Mommy while she got ready for the day.

"Want to come help me buy a camera, Tis?"
"Yes please!"

We went to the mall, but they didn't have the camera. So we went to the office and got Mom's laptop, and drove down to Virginia to the other camera store, having a business meeting on the way. It took all afternoon, and we got to talk about all kinds of things once the business stuff had been taken care of.

Bliss.

"Want a Starbucks, Honey?" Mommy asked, on the way back.
"Yes please!"

I spent almost the whole day with my mother.

I really missed her while she was gone. But now she is back.

And I am happy. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home