Thursday, June 23, 2005

I Love My Job

I don't have time this evening to post long or thoughtfully because I'm going out with a bunch of singles (read: Mike, Jessica, Sarah, Davy, Nate, Drew, Sean, and Brandon) for Mike's birthday dinner. Macaroni Grill... ah. Bliss.

Ergo, I leave a list of quotes for your amusement.

“Everybody cheer!” – Davy
“Cheer.” – Christy and Laura, without enthusiasm.
“Thanks. You guys are pals.” – Davy, with sarcasm.

“Well, hi! This is what I was missing in life.” – Davy, hugging Christy

“Mother, we have come back from our afternoon constitutional. I impersonated a Dufflepud, and Laura did a little Scottish Highland dancing, and Davy stood by looking amused.” – Christy reporting to Mom on the progress of the new company policy: mandatory ten-minute afternoon break.

“Okay, here’s the email address of the day. ‘Full van.’” – Kelly
“I still like ‘Full quiver.’” – Davy

“Oh, nice!” – Laura, admiring the “Wash me, please” legend written in dust on the back of the UPS truck.

“Who made you snipper over the rest of us?” – Davy to Nate
“I am ‘He Who Snips Your Earlobes.’” – Nate
“That’s not nice.” – Davy

I don’t really understand guyspeak… and yet, scarily, I do.
“It’s for harsh! For certain! Weekie-weekie-uhn!” – Davy

“My life is a Star Trek analogy!” – Nate, after working through with Davy the generations of copiers in the warehouse. They concluded that we are now all the way up to Enterprise, since Geordie—may he rest in peace—is dead under a sheet and we are reduced to naming the new one “Tripp.”

“Gentlemen, please. Have pity.” – Christy to Nate and Davy, who are singing John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

“Christy…” – Davy
“Hmmm?” – Christy
“When I write my great fantasy novel, remind me to include a character named Rosemary, Sage of Thyme.” - Davy
::Christy processes this for a second::
“You’re a lunatic.” ::pause:: “But a lovable lunatic.” – Christy

“Make ‘someday’ today.” – Chocolate Wrapper to Christy
::thoughtful pause::
“Or, in a zippy and unexpected philosophical twist, I could make ‘today’ a someday.” – Christy to Chocolate Wrapper

Somervilles engaging in their favorite pastime: the Quote Game. For extra points, which movie is this from?
“Hey, quadruped! Sprechen zie English?” – Christy, without introduction or looking up from her computer.
“I sprechen.” – Davy, skipping not a single beat.
“What continent is this?” – Christy
“Manhatten.” – Davy
::pause::
“Really? Looks like Maryland to me.” – Christy

Siblings Havin’ Fun
“Christy, Christy, Christy… where did I fail you?” – Davy
“You don’t want to hear the list.” – Christy

“Lovely InDesign! So bright! So beautiful!” – Davy, imitating Gollum. And when I say “imitating,” I mean “perfectly impersonating.”

“Gently fisting me in the head will not help me to understand.” – Christy
“Lightly knocking on the top of your head isn’t ‘fisting.’” – Laura
“I want to fist you in the head! I volunteer! Me, me, pick me!” - Davy

“It was much more a leisurely and poetic flight of ponderment than an actual structured essay answer.” – Laura, on bit of her own work.

“This is what I’ve come to in my own personal life: among other things, people are silly.” – Davy

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

ROSEMARY, SAGE OF THYME??? I LOVE IT! Tristia, your brothers are geniuses and have senses of humor worthy of--well, the best. I couldn't decide who to compare them to, so I shall leave it comfortably vague! My compliments to the humorist. :-D

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home