Monday, June 13, 2005

It's June 13th

I knew that time would pass. In the beginning, it crawled. The first weeks back at home are always, somehow, both blissful and wretched. And I haven't done a lick of writing. I don't mind that part; I've been writing plenty on my blog, and thinking plenty, and chasing God increasingly, so that's-all-right-best-beloved-don't-you-see? Be unscandalized; it's a quote from Rudyard Kipling.

But now time is passing faster. I spent the weekend with Brittainy, Lisa, the caregroup girls, the Grace Community folks... it was wonderful. Brittainy, I think we must have spent most of that 24 hours either talking about God or going to caregroup/church. Thank you for a wonderful time of fellowship! Lisa, I loved riding in Florence. She's a cutie, and your family is adorable! Thy parents, especially, art worthy to be Narnian monarchs. Homeschool moms are our heroes, right? :-)

I turned off all music in the car on the way to and from VA. It was wonderful to have time to pray for people, to think, to talk to God.... in silence. Blessed, blessed silence! Maybe that's why I love the gazebo.

And then, of course, the PHC Personalities thread is taking off. Jonathan, old bean (or should I say "aged legume"?), your comments are ever priceless. I was chuckling all the way. Thank you!

And now it's June 13th. Charity and Jessica both had birthdays yesterday; Charity is 18 and Jessica is 21. Big doings. Mike will be 23 on the 20th, which is also Father's Day, if I mistake not. We got Dad an ubercool--oops! I'll have to save that information for after the 20th. ;-)

I'm going home to an increasingly organized room. I have seashells, sea pebbles, and bits of seaglass strewn across my windowsills. I have colored crystal goblets: ruby and sapphire, topaz and emerald. They are beautiful, and satisfy the part of me that demands a polychromatic existence. I have books, books, books! I have sisters and parents coming home from Connecticut tomorrow--I'm going to make pizza for them.

To the people who made my week and weekend a joy, thank you. Thank you especially to the High Queen, Kirsten E., Brittainy, Lisa, and Clarice, whose conversation and friendship were all the more precious because less often experienced over the summer months.

Brittainy is coming to visit me this weekend! I really think that "Nausikaa" would be an appropriate nickname for you, dear. :-)

Oh yes...

I've come back to the heart of worship.

I'll bet you can tell.

3 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

What?? Father's Day is this coming week? Someone told me it was this past Sunday the 12th, and I didn't even check the calendar. I believed them, and gave my daddy chocolate and a card yesterday! He didn't act as though it wasn't Father's Day either! That is so, so funny! hehe. I am getting scatterbrained in my old age - or he is, or something.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

Sarah, that is so funny... your sweet dad :).

Father's Day IS the 19th... according to my calendar-dayplanner-brain on my desk... but incidentally, I just made my dad his favorite chocolate dessert as a thank you gift for his driving out to get Florence with me... so now I need a new gift idea for this upcoming weekend :P. Oh, why don't wonderful things come in affordable packages?

3:16 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

Oh, and it was wonderful fellowshipping with you, too, Christy -- I miss the conversations during the summer, and it meant a lot to get together :). And yes, aren't my parents awesome? Never had them compared to Narnian monarchs before...

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home