Monday, June 20, 2005

Mom and Dave

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the most entertaining part of my summer is watching Mom and Dave work together.

“Sometimes one smile means more than a dozen roses.” – Davy, reading his chocolate wrapper aloud.
“Yeah, but in general I’ll take the roses.” – Mom

“I like tidiness. I like order. I like conclusion. I like resolution!” – Christy, explaining why she wants to finish Year 2 before the end of the day.
“I like peanut butter.” – Davy

“What is this, a double injunction to evil?!?!” – Christy. Both of her chocolate ration wrappers say: “Be mischievous. It feels good.”

“I want to be a pepper.” – Davy

“I’m looking for my family…” – Davy, quoting American Tale
“Are you my mother?” – Mom to Davy, quoting a children’s book
“You’ve got that backwards; do you want to take it from the top?” – Davy

“Mommy?” – Davy
“Yes?” – Mom
“We have here what strongly resembles a weekplan.” – Davy

“So you’re walking around with a wicker footstool on your head…” – Christy
“I am thinking. This is my thinking cap at the moment.” – Davy

“It looks like a square planet…” – Davy, discussing who-knows-what with Mom during a design session.

“I hate to break it to you Davy, but I like this yellow. It’s warm. It’s bright. It’s sunny. It hugs me.” – Mommy
::much laughter::

“It’s not you! It’s not even close to ‘at you’! It’s this thing! It’s despicable!” – Davy, expostulating to Mommy

“I don’t like this.” – Mommy
“What! I—! Okay, we need to talk about this.” – Davy

“There is a time for compromise. It’s called ‘later.’” – Davy

“I don’t know what got put in you people’s water today, but…” – Courtney
“Are you okay over there, Courtney dear? Would you like earplugs?” – Mom

“Listen to your heart beat, and dance.” – Mom, reading her chocolate wrapper aloud
::Davy rises, takes his pulse, and begins to dance::

“But it’s… it’s… it’s asymmetrical!” – Christy, her opinion being solicited on the subject of the new chart layout.
“She’s a classicist. Ignore her.” – Davy to Mom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home