Sunday, June 26, 2005

My Brothers


Above is my Danya: little brother, friend, coworker, kindred spirit, fellow artist, dear one, sharer of long walks in the forest and yearnings for Heaven, hater of sin, adorer of Christ.


Above is Nate the Great, my biggest brother, with his truck and his warehouse in the background. Nate rules our warehouse with a benevolent dictatorship, gives us chocolate and makes us laugh. Yesterday he took Lisa and I to see a fascinating movie: an animated fairy tale inspired by Japanese anime. It was completely non-formulaic, a wonder of storytelling! I love my biggest brother so much; he takes good care of me. :-)

And finally, to your right, my other big brother--just 23-- in front of his townhouse. The Launching Pad, as we call it, is a happening place. Mike owns it and lives there with two or three other guys. This is my business-pro brother, favorite swing-dance partner, giver of sound practical advise and instigator of endless fun activities. Mike, we like to joke, is afraid to go to sleep for fear he'll miss something.

Girls, I'm sorry. Mike is courting. You can't have Danya either, and I need Nate awful bad. I know it's terribly selfish to keep all the coolest guys to myself, but God gave them to me, and until he gives them another girl, I'm sure enjoying my privileged status as pampered and beloved baby/big sister to the best men anywhere... at least, the best unmarried men anywhere. Daddy and my two grandpas are the best married men anywhere. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home