Friday, July 15, 2005

A Dangerous Duo

Tonight I'm going out with Courtney and Jessica. I should be scared. Let me explain...

Jessica is a blond, blue-eyed, prankster par excellence. I'm told that we look alike, but she's not my sister; she's my brother's courtee, and one of my best friends from high school. I like to remind my brother that she was my friend before he knew she existed--romantically, at least. Doesn't she look innocent?

Don't be fooled for a second. Jessica has masterminded and executed more deviousness in the past year than I have in my entire lifetime... and last year was relatively tame for her, because she's in nursing school and courting this guy... aka my brother Mike.


They are even scarier together. See those sock puppets? That's an in-joke: Jessica made them so that she and Mike could stage sock-puppet skits out the sunroof of Mike's car at stoplights. Talk about a safety hazard...

Courtney is every bit as frightening, though I don't have pictures for her. She's been friends with Jessica since they were both in diapers, is in nursing school with her now, and is responsible for executing many of Jessica's evil schemes. Court has a razor mind and a love for mischief. She also has tastes almost exactly similar to my own on the subjects of books, art, music, movies, etc. We enjoy talking through the arts together.

And they both just turned in 15-page papers.

So this is the equivalent of post-midterms.

And we're going to see... well, I would show you a picture of Batman Begins, but the technology just conked out on me. I'm going to see it for philosophical reasons: I hear it's scary but extremely good at dealing with the question of a world in which absolute justice--and I mean absolute black-and-white--reigns.

Should be interesting, to say the least. And with these two? Well, I should be scared. Except I was raised a Somerville... and, well...

What's a couple of mischevious post-midterm blondes, armed with cell phones, car keys, and credit cards, compared to what I deal with every day?

Nothing new, but everything fun. ;-) I'll letcha know how it turns out.

If I make it back, that is.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Batman Begins frustrated me. It was the best Batman movie so far, but it lacked the little who-knows-what that lends a movie that air of excellence. I think the problem was its confusion of morals. It says a lot of things about justice, but they conflict. It doesn't leave a clear message, as if the screenwriters didn't want to state their position. :P I hope you enjoy it more than I did.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Ruhamah said...

Pranks?? Can I come too? :-)

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home