Wednesday, July 06, 2005

From Sandy Cove

I write briefly, because there's a time limit on Sandy Cove's internet access. I love it here. The bay is curled up just outside my window, practically licking my feet. There's a dock, and small sailboats--I'm going to try to talk Mom into a sail tomorrow afternoon--and canoes (the whole fam went canoeing up here on the 4th, and the Swallows capsized and the Amazons laughed at them and the Friendly Natives kept their boat dry since Mom had the camera in it, and we paddled all over and had the grandest time), and shuffleboard on a hill above the bay, where you can play in the sunset, and a pool--since there are dead fish in the Bay, you shouldn't swim there. It's kinda like Lakum Bobum. I was over the moon when I found out that they had air hockey!!!!--until I got in there and found a kiddy table. Grieving commenced. I cannot WAIT to get back to our table; this one was just high enough and big enough to prove that I've forgotten everything I ever knew about corner shots.

They asked me to give my testimony... and then asked me to give it again, to the teens. Both were Spirit-blessed, I believe. Both were given with tears, anyway. Thank you to Jessica and Brittainy for your prayers--they availed much, and giving my testimony almost every day is certainly keeping me right in front of the cross, which is more than okay by me. :-)

I brought my laptop and I am working, but in a leisurely fashion. Mom and I fell asleep last night watching Pride and Prejudice on her laptop. We have a suite, but now that most of the kids have gone home to various jobs, I have one room all to myself, and the Parents have the other. It's so much fun to trot around with them and have meals with lots of cool people who have big ideas for homeschooling. The latest that Mom is interested in is a lady who has figured out how to do online classes with audio, not just digital. You can make $50,000 a year at this, teaching once-a-week classes to missionary kids all over the globe. At least, that's how they do it. Sound like fun, O High Queen?

As I said, my time is limited. Love to all, and I'll be posting regularly again from Friday on. Meanwhile, I think I'll go grab a suntan. Do you know how delightful it is to be able to sit in the sun for a change? You know what a fool I am for light and colors--well, plenty available to yours truly at Sandy Cove.

Basking in the Son...
Christy

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Who is this particular distance learning lady? People have been doing DL with audio since the dark ages, my high school years, starting 9 years ago. Fritz Heinrichs and Escondido Tutorial Service used streaming RealAudio and a product called CU-SeeMe to create a classroom experience. And that was before DSL. :) And then of course, lots of people have premade audio files. Is this lady doing something different?

I'm glad you are enjoying Sandy Cove. Mom's been invited, but we've never gone. Those brochures used to tantalize me when I was little. :P

12:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

Sounds like you are having such a splendid time, dear! Enjoy the sunshine and the lake and the time with your parents... and isn't it so much fun to meet lots of home schooling moms? :)

I am beginning to think that offering classes to home school students, whether via distance or locally in person, could make for a really cool career... or at least a nice part-time job...

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home