Thursday, July 14, 2005

Nate Overfed Us On Brownies

“If we pat her on the head and say ‘Dear Laura, sweet Laura…’” – Davy

“This is the working screen, not the preview screen. Don’t talk to me about the working screen! It’s like objecting to a girl going to a party in a bathrobe! She’s just getting ready!” – Davy, making a somewhat convoluted argument which was, nevertheless, extremely cute.

“Aren’t we tired of boxes?” – Davy

“What proof do you have of my gooberhood?” – Davy

“Christy, don’t hold back.” – Davy, giving Christy a very earnest look.
::Christy considers for a moment, and then utters a prolonged scream::
“Christy, there is almost no good reason for something like that!” – Nate, from the other end of the warehouse.
“David told me not to hold anything back! It was the only way I could think of to prove to him that I had heard and heeded his words!” – Christy
“I said ‘Don’t roll back!’ Sam was behind your chair!” – Davy
“Oh.” – Christy
::Laughter all round::

“Okay, the eternal question. Is it ‘hippopotamuses’ or ‘hippopotami’?” – Christy, working on a quiz on Egypt.
“I think it’s the latter.” – Laura
“Just because it’s Latin doesn’t make it right, Laura.” – Christy
“Can I quote you on that?” – Laura
“I’ll quote myself and save you the trouble.” – Christy
“I think it’s hippopotami.’” – Davy
“But go look it up on dictionary.com.” – Mom
“No, just trust me.” – Davy
“Rigggghhhttt.” – Christy
::several minutes of internet research later::
“It’s both!” – Christy

“Hey Nate, you know those women in Africa who put lots of rings around their necks to make them longer?” – Christy
“Yeah.” – Nate
“Me.” – Christy, pointing to her neck, which is adorned with a set of personal headphones and, also, the office head-phone.

“Ow, ow!” – Davy, as Garret fists him gently.
“Boys only punch the ones they like, Davy.” – Mom, trying to console him.
“Go punch a girl!” – Davy to Garret
“If only I could.” – Garrete
“Okay, let’s reel it in now.” – Mom, laughing.

“The Star-Spangled Banner was written to the tune of an English drinking song. WorldBook says so!” – Christy
“Now, can you deal with that fact?” – Davy

“Unbelievable! They buried George Washington in a sarcophagus!” – Christy
“I knew that!” – Casey, elated.

“What are they, Nate?” – Casey, eyeing the plate in Nate’s hand
“What are they? Who cares! They’re chocolate!” – Nate

“Can you imagine? Dogs can’t see color, and chocolate is poisonous to them. How do they live with themselves?” – Christy

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your family, Christy! You are hilarious together :)

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home