Thursday, July 14, 2005

Outremer

Brittainy and I decided to do a historical Crusades theme for our room, which is especially easy to imagine because we will be residing in the Princess Tower of the High Queen. Her Serene Highness gave me a wrought-iron key to the tower, and I have been busy...

You see, we have these couches at home that no one is using, and Mom said that I could bring one of the big cushions to school. Auntie also just moved, getting rid of a lot of stuff in the process, and she gave me--at my request--a bunch of pillows.

So now I have a plethora of cushions for our Byzantine divan (aka pillows piled up into a very low couch)... but what, oh what, am I to use for a cushion-cover? Blue checks just aren't very Crusades-ish, and that's what the cushion-cover currently is.

Enter Ebay... two yards of gorgeousness (though I've decided to use this for the bedspread, not the couch. The couch may wind up in a similar pattern but different color, depending on Brittainy's opinion.)
And an additional six yards of splendor...

The Latin kingdoms of the East were collectively called Outremer. When I was sixteen I wanted to write an epic book about them (yes, I once wanted to write an epic. Don't worry, I got over it.), but I think I can settle for living in them... specifically, in Lebanon.

3 Comments:

Blogger DaughterofGrace said...

Fun fun! Lyonesse & Outremer shall have to ally. What fun the fall shall be. Can't wait to see you in August!

TNT

11:36 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Ooh, I can just imagine the mischief that two such wings as Lyonesse and Outremer could get themselves into. :) And Christy, your fabric looks lovely. I was just thinking when I read that I shall have to find numerous excuses to visit your room. :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

Good golly! The Black Dragons and the... the... the Austenites! The Clerestorians?

Oh, Tiff... I groan, but I am also gleeful. ;-)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home