Thursday, July 28, 2005

Surreal


I won't tell you the whole story--just the highlights.

Last night I wrote, from scratch, a 3-4 pages single-spaced outline of the novel I'm going to write next spring for Practicum. Those of you who know me well should have some idea of how big a deal that is for me, not the least because it is complete from beginning to end, and makes sense and works.

I figured out, last night and this morning, what I'm going to do about continuing education/a fifth year at PHC.

The outline appeared in my head at the beginning of a fierce thunderstorm which knocked out the power in our house from 6 pm last night until... well, it's still out.

Ergo, I spent all evening reading by candlelight. Surreal.

And then I woke up in the middle of the night and the front door was open for some reason, so I went outside and sat on the step for a half-hour, in the middle of the night. It was so much cooler than my room (no AC with the power off) and so lovely, even though there were bats roaming above my head. I was astonished all over again at how noiseless bats are. Anyway, I talked to God for awhile and had that I'm-alone-in-the-world feeling which can be so delightful in the wee hours of a summer morning, with the air all rain-washed and pure.

This morning something absolutely gorgeous happened, which I can't write about here because it hasn't happened happened; it just might happen, if God allows and certain people agree.

Oh, happiness! Surreal, but delightful!

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Christy, this is too mysterious. What are you going to do about the potential fifth year? And I want to know the gorgeous news!!!!! Come on! :D

I also expect to see your novel outline when we are back on campus. ;)

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

You do make us very curious, dear :). I'm so glad about your novel outline! I remember when an overall sketchy outline of Audrey just hit me over Labor Day weekend last year... I dropped everything and pounded out the outline, and it was much so much fun... now as to the writing of it :P.

I'm glad gorgeous things are happening for you... isn't the Father so good to give us such wonderful gifts?

12:45 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

I'm sorry dears, but I really CAN'T tell the gorgeous news. Yet. If it happens, I will. :-) As to the fifth year... well, that has to get approved too. As to the novel outline, I'm afraid I've decided not to show it around--I think I'll work better without, especially in the bubble stages. Sorry. :-( Perhaps I should have entitled the post "Secrets"!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

That's perfectly understandable... I have read that some writers really work better if they keep their writing absolutely secret until at least the first draft is done. I am obviously not that way... I like to be absolutely uninterrupted while I am actually writing, but I appreciate lots of ideas and conversation and feedback before and after.

So, well, enjoy your gorgeous unknowns :).

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home