Tuesday, July 12, 2005

We're Back

“Oh, but, ‘girl’s name,’ I am your own…” – Christy to Mommy
::Mommy scrunches up nose and thinks hard::
“I left out the girl’s name because you’d get it too easy otherwise.” – Christy
“I know this! I can hear the voice; I just can’t put a face to it!” – Mommy
“I know it!” – Charity
“Oh!” – Davy, just getting it
“You mean you didn’t get it until now? Davy!” – Christy
“Wait, wait… Knight’s Tale!” – Mommy
::general applause::

With respect to cold and heat in the warehouse…
“The girl suffer in the mornings, and the guys suffer in the afternoons. We’re an equal-opportunity suffering facility around here.” – Nate, who then very kindly trotted off and got a sweatshirt for Mommy.

“I’m not even thinking about where the chocolate might be hidden, Nate, honest! It’s probably on the third shelf though.” – Christy to Nate

“I’ve only been waiting for this for five years, hello! It’s called a dream!” – Mom, quasi-quoting Knight’s Tale on the subject of her new camera. That seems to be the movie of choice right now.

“A hope deferred makes the heart sick.” – Nate
“Yes, but a hope satisfied makes the heart happy, and that’s me!” – Mommy, bouncing out the door to pick up her new camera.

“I will go get it and come back and sit here on the couch and play and gurgle and be available to answer your questions.” – Mom to Christy, on her way out of the warehouse to pick up THE CAMERA.

::Davy walks in with a sheet of bubble wrap::
“Why?” – Christy
::Davy pauses beside her chair::
“Take a nibble.” – Davy
::Christy begins to pop bubbles, with thorough enjoyment.::
“’Why’ she asks me! ‘Why!’” – Davy

“Don’t call me ‘lens cap’!” – Casey

“Would you please stop being sentimental!” – Christy to her computer

“Oh, man! That’s just not couth!” – Davy, reading Darwin awards

“Samwise, you are a cute. You are! I’m serious!” – Davy to Samwise the Mighty Hunter
“There we go! Now the pixels, they flowww…” – Davy
“I can’t tell you how happy I am about that.” – Garret, drily.

“Dreams and delusions of grandeur will not help you.” – Mom to Davy

“You want me to do all that before I see you again?!” – Davy to Mom
“Yeah.” – Mom
“I’ll cry myself to sleep!” – Davy.

“Guys, we are producing discs with ‘c’ on the end. Just in case you were wondering.”– Mom
“What what WHAT!??!” – Nate, from the other end of the room.
“It’s okay Nate. We’re standardizing.” – Davy
“So, forever and ever amen, we will spell it with a ‘c’?” – Christy
“Well, until further notice.” – Mom

“I love Sam’s floppy ear.” – Laura
“Yeah. Sam has the best ears of any dog that ever was.” – Davy, lost in adoration.

“You know what’s great about Samwise? He lives in my room, but he’s not mine.” – Davy

::background noise: Samwise whimpering::
“Nate, your baby is fussing!” – Christy to Nate
“Christy, I have news for you. That’s what babies do.” – Nate

“I guess he’s just decided that that is the place to be.” – Christy, watching Sam curl up at Davy’s feet.
I’m here.” – Davy
“Yeah.” – Christy

“Congratulations. We have acquired an office teddy bear.” – Christy, watching Samwise sleep.

“Do you get bonbons and room service too?” – Davy to Laura, upon learning that her college bathrooms are cleaned by “housekeepers,” not students.

“You’re sitting on my foot and biting my toe.” – Davy to Sam, in loving tones.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruhamah said...

OK, that's it. I am coming to meet Samwise. I will request audience formally soon :-)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

Oh, do come! I have been meaning to call you; you've been much on my heart lately. Come, by all means, whenever you like!

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! From all your posts, it sounds like you all have way too much fun.

And where was that first quote from exactly? I don't remember it, and it's driving me crazy.

Kirsten

9:21 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

Kirsten,

Of course you can come! We always said that we would do a weekend with all three of us "this summer." Check your schedule and let me know. :) The quote is, precisely, from a scene in Knight's Tale, and William Thatcher (aka Heath Ledger) says it to Jocelyn.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home