Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ziggurats & Co.

“Sumerian votive statues! I mean, what next?” – Christy, writing a quiz on the Sumerians.
“Um… Assyrian voting booths?” – Nate

Counseling Christy on how to write Lower Grammar quizzes...
“Think of a non-reader. Do you know a non-reader?” – Mom
“Well… Sam.” – Christy, indicating the puppy.

“Nate, come sit next to me and hold my hand. I’ve never burned a CD in my life.” – Mom
“You’ve never burned a CD?” – Davy
“No.” – Mom
“Oh. That’s okay. I have rarely faxed.” – Davy.
::General laughter::

“A woman who is happy in love, she burns the CD.” – Davy, misquoting the old Sabrina. The real quote is about burning soufflés.
“A woman who is unhappy in love, she forgets to turn on the computer.” – Nate, continuing the misquotation.

“You can’t tell me that we should sit here with an unadorned front yard, when the Sumerians have a ziggurat!” – Davy

“The world must be peopled!” – Davy
“No, The list must be peopled, in this case.” – Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home