Monday, August 01, 2005

I Love My Biggest Brother


“Nate, I’m stymied until Mom gets here. Is there anything you’d like me to do?” – Christy
“You can tell me what you think of my armor…” – Nate, coming round the corner in the beginnings of a full Roman legionnaire’s suit.
::Thoughtful pause::
“That’s the Roman, right?” – Christy
“Yeah. Of course, it’s not finished yet. It’ll have another piece here…” – Nate, indicating his chest, above the triple-plated cardboard and duct tape that already encase his torso.
“Uh-huh… what are you gonna do with it? I thought you were teaching Year 4 next year?” – Christy
“I’ll beat up little kids, of course!” – Nate
“Oh, of course.” – Christy, knowing that he would do nothing of the sort, except in the gentlest big-teddy-bear manner, because the kids love it when he does.
::Nate wanders off::
“He is just SO CUTE.” – Christy, to no one in particular

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Christy, I have met Nate and Mike and all your siblings, in fact, and I would never, ever think of declaring off into space, "Oh, aren't they cute!" In fact, I would never, ever do that for my own brothers. The thought of it, in fact, initiates a gag reflex. :D :D So... I'm not sure why I'm posting this comment, except to say that your post ... disturbed me. :P :P But I am delighted that you enjoy your brothers so much. :P

1:47 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

You know me, dear... I find it necessary to verbalize whatever I'm thinking--a bad habit. You haven't EVER thought "Oh wow, how cute" about one of your siblings? C'mon, I know you have! Hasn't everybody? I don't mean cute as in the way one says "oh, that guy is so cute" meaning "good-looking." I mean just plain cute! :-)

4:58 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

When they were about five years old, yes! And for my little sisters, all the way up until age 12 or so.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

For the record, I routinely think of all my family members as cute. Cute meaning some trait I notice and instinctively think "awww..."

And if one of my siblings or parents was experimenting with armor, yes, I probably would think that was cute.

Though Christy, you really must be careful advertising so widely the cuteness of your brothers... who knows what could come of it ;)...

12:56 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

OK, upon reflection, I will alter my statement. Sometimes I do think certain aspects of my brothers are cute. Usually, however, they spend all their spare time playing computers. Perhaps the difference in our attitudes is that we have different siblings. :)

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home