Friday, December 30, 2005

Stream of Consciousness

Take 1:

I wonder whether Daddy is right about blogs maybe they really are a representation of how human society functions like a huge neural network but I don't want to be part of a giant brain! oh well Rome wasn't built in a day I wonder whether I was just being silly about self-expression versus trying to bless others as an underlying concept for art but I just can't believe that the Romantics and Freudians were right all along ugh so now I have to ask myself whether this blog of mine is merely self-expression and has no real artistic purpose not to mention being selfish and driven by a craving for attention. Help! But wait there must be something useful about self-expression since so many exquisite works of literature can be grouped in that category so does that just mean that you have to be trying to approximate truth for it to work? sometimes I wish I'd never gotten into literature why do I think about this stuff it doesn't really matter or make any difference!

Take 2:

Today was a pretty good day but I'll be swamped Monday how can I wrap my mind around ancient Egyptian literature well enough to stay ahead of the production schedule and edit the weekplans as they come out at the same time? I'm an idiot but oh I do love my work and I love my life only now I'm tired and a little sad I don't know why--why?--and I've never enjoyed the stream of consciousness style but maybe I can do something with it if I keep practicing every so often oh bother!

Take 3:

Great is the Lord and greatly to be praised for whom have I in heaven but you? and earth has nothing that I desire besides you the daystar the dayspring and God himself shall be with them as their God and they will need no light of lamp or sun for the Lord God will be their light and they shall reign forever and ever God is light and in him there is no darkness at all Aslan's country the Summerlands and the great mountain and the city oh the city! what a city it must be I wonder if it's finished yet or if they are still building it I wonder if God just spoke it into being or if it has to be built I wonder what it is like to walk through a gate that's made all of one enormous pearl do they paint the pearl or carve designs into it or anything? if the streets of gold are as clear as glass, then what do you see when you look down is there dirt under there or are there maybe giant painted murals of God acting throughout history so that you can finally know what he was doing when he planned this or that oh how I would love to know the why behind some of those stories from history does one ever get to missing night when one lives in eternal day? I won't ever miss night I hate the dark more than anything else in the world except sin and living with the morning star sounds wonderful to me oh wow---to think that God is and that he loves me! I can't take it in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Adams said...

I've wondered, too, about blogging. Is it egotistical self-expression, my desire to see my ideas and my face on the Internet, to be read and get comments? I suppose blogging can be motivated by arrogance ... but I think in a best sense it is a way to improve my writing through practice, and to promote dialogue and fellowship, especially when we aren't together in a physical place.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

Nate: It is, of course, writing and a kind of speech, but I'd divide it up differently. Blogging seems to take at least two forms:

--subcreation
--communication

God creates and communicates, so blogging seems thoroughly within the human whatsit. :-) And, of course, blogging can be about a gazillion other things.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home