Thursday, January 19, 2006

But Seriously, Folks...

“Guys, I am completely ODed (overdosed) on the word ‘serious’.” – Mom
“Well, a serious man will speak in a serious vein. Seriously.” – Davy
“Are you serious?” – Casey
“Seriously!” – Davy
“AHHHHHHH!!!!” – Mom
"Whoa, slow down! I'm not getting all of this.... but quote books are seldom completely accurate." - Christy

::Mom and Casey gerbil about "serious" for a few more minutes::

“Okay, Christy! Thesaurus!” – Mom, calling for an alternative to “serious.”
What did you call her?!” – David

“I’d just like to point out that the word ‘sad’ used to mean ‘serious’ in the English language. Okay: we have ‘grave, solemn, somber, stern, grim, severe, staid, and sober.'” – Christy
“Are you sober, Casey?” – Mom
“Hey!” – Casey

::Much laughter::

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Christy!!!! I was struck this morning by an incredible thought! What if there were faeries in Lake Bob? ;0) ;0) Beautiful creatures, but a little snaky... with translucent gossamer "wings" under their arms that were really for swimming. We could call them Daedelion and Hypereony.

In short, I read Chesterton's Orthodoxy yesterday, and I decided that life is too short for always being so utterly pragmatic and sensible. Imagination is a beautiful thing. :) :) I apologize, and my cup runneth over therewith, for making fun of your Posy, etc. Won't you join me in some imagination? :)

11:43 AM  
Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

Someday I will write a proper fairy tale. Dr. Hake said once that nobody ever wrote about Lake Bob but in mockery; I think I have, but if I haven't, we should do so. Seriously. ;-)

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home