Thursday, January 12, 2006

Lampstand Quotes --- They're Back

Those of you who read my blog regularly last summer may remember these little sweet spots. For the rest, well.... I can't explain very effectively, and I won't apologize. You'll just have to deal with it. And laugh. Definitely laugh. ;)

“Here. Call up Charity and see where she is on the food chain.” – Mom, handing her cell phone to Christy.

"You know, our [communicative] life basically consists of taking reality and tweaking it for our own amusement." – Christy

“Clearly he needs roommates.” – Mom about Nate
“I’ve done my time with him.” – Davy

“Sam, your singing voice is questionable.” – Davy to Sam, who is barking along with the music.

::On David’s Snoopy shirt::
“Does that look like the shirt of a man who is ready to succeed in life?” – Mom
“Yeah!” – Davy
“That looks like the shirt of a two-year-old coming down the stairs.” – Mom
“I’d like to point out that two-year-olds are well-fed, cared-for, and generally happy people.” – Davy
“Yes Dave, but they are not self-sufficient.” – Mom
“So that’s why God made us to need helpmeets!” – Davy

“If somebody has to be a bottleneck, I will sacrifice myself on the altar.” – Christy
“Thanks. You’re a peach.” – Davy

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruhamah said...

Definitely keep the quotes coming. And I'll stop by sometimes to hear them in person.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

These are great :).

10:59 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hehe, yes, they are objectively funny (not just the subjective warm glow of the loving sister/daughter). :) They cheer me up. I'm just being grouchy when I pick on your "family" posts. Don't listen to me when I get too critical. :) :) :)

11:19 PM  
Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

Hurrah! Keep up the quotes!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home