Tuesday, January 17, 2006

That's How It Goes...

So I'm walking out the door with Davy and a bunch of his friends last night, on my way to be dropped off at PHC for a couple of days, and I'm in a hurry, and there's stuff on the step, so I skip the step...

And twist my foot and land on it and fall down the rest of the stairs.

Net result: one sprained ankle. But I went to PHC anyway.

And now I'm at PHC with a sprained ankle, learning the deep and awful mysteries of crutches. ;-)

It's difficult, trying to start up a semester without being able to walk. Of course, at the beginning of last semester I couldn't speak (lost my voice due to a bad cold), and my first semester I came in all bruised up from a bad car accident. So, really, this is just par for the course. I should start treading cautiously during the last few days before school starts, clearly. :-)

However, I am back with my pond and my beloved roommate, and that makes up for a good deal.

But please do pray. It hurts, and it is hard.

--- Me

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruhamah said...

I will pray for you. May the Lord heal it quickly and help you to navigate in crutches.

And I must say, it reminds me of my first few days as RD at school last year, when I hurt my knee right before all the freshmen arrived, and then hobbled around on crutches greeting all the parents during orientation. Inspired lots of confidence, I'm sure. :-)

8:15 PM  
Blogger Janice Phillips said...

And that wind tunnel must be horrible with crutches! Prayers are being lifted for you and your leg and your semester.

9:46 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Oh Christy, that's too bad. :( Sprained ankles are no fun. :( At least, if you take it easy on it, all should be well in a week or so. But do take it easy on it. I've managed to prolong sprained ankles for months by taking things too fast. :P

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home