Thursday, February 16, 2006

Look, Lampstand Quotes!

Back by popular demand...

“My epitaph: ‘Died from a honey explosion.’” – Casey

“Bing! The chopstick fairy is rejoicing with you! Bing!” – Casey, poking Christy with a chopstick
“Could the chopstick fairy express her joy some other way than by poking me?” – Christy
“Aw, the chopstick fairy is feeling dejected.” – Casey
“I don’t blame it.” – Mom
“What’s ‘it’? Christy or the chopstick fairy?” – Casey
“My daughter is not an ‘it.’” – Mom
“Oh my goodness, are you writing all this down?” – Casey to Christy

Valentine’s Day at Lampstand Press

So Jenny, our employee, unofficial office decorator, and general foodie, is handing out chocolate, and the girls are discussing gum. Grace brought chocolate (gratuitous in an office already swimming with chocolate, as Christy points out), and Christy brought the roses that her parents left for her this morning, and Jenny brought fresh ribbons (I guess the Christmas lights are no longer enough), and we are generally a happy bunch of singles.

“I’ve just never been able to get into it.” – Christy on chewing gum.
“I’m trying to cut down for my New Year’s resolution… I eat, like, eight pieces a day.” – Jenny
“Well, does it do anything to you?” – Christy
“Nah. It’s, like, five calories.” – Jenny
“And licking stamps is only two, so I say, go for the stamps!” – Casey

“So those of us who aren’t in relationships will all eat a lot of chocolate and get fat and then we won’t ever be in relationships.” – Christy on V-Day
“Exactly!” – Grace

“He’s worse than a parakeet!” – Mom, observing Sam playing with the bells on the office door.
“He’s not a parakeet!” – Nate

“Okay everybody, we’re going to go out and stone Christy! Lunch break!” – Nate

4 Comments:

Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

I love it! Someday I need to come hang out at y'all's office for an afternoon.

Query: was there any context at all for the chopstick fairy? Or is it just one of those things?

2:19 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

Definitely "just one of those things." :-)

4:12 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Yup, sounds like y'all have a lot of fun. I approve. :) :) And there's nothing wrong with being fat, so long as it's because of chocolate. ;)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy, your blog is awesome. :-D

- Nic

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home