Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Love Me, Love My Ball


I bought a balance ball. It's green, but this is the image I could find. You get the idea.

I used to take ball classes at my fitness center when I was in late high school, and I've always loved rolling around on balls. it's fun!

My family does not understand.

"Honey.... you're taking your ball to the office?"
"Sure! I can sit on it instead of on an office chair, and it keeps me from getting backaches, and I get to roll around on it while I work. What's not to like?"
"Um.... okay." And then they give me a look of affectionate puzzlement, which says "You're cute, but you're awfully weird."

This morning I came downstairs, ball clasped in both arms. Mom smiled.
"Mom, I love my ball."
"Honey, I love you. Therefore I also love your ball."

::Warm fuzzies::

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to roll over to the other side of things and get some work done.

I love my ball!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy,
I would love to be there to see Nate's dog, your ball, and all of the fun times you guys have! Lampstand Press, via the beautiful state of Tennessee, has no such fun things! We do have a wandering cat and two energetic boys. The dog stays outside.

But of course, I love it anyway! My family is marvelous, my job is stupendous, and my God is magnificient! :)

Dana

11:07 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

I'm having trouble picturing the sort of ball you mean. When you first said "balance ball," I imagined one of those hard, heavy balls that people who juggle or perform in circuses will walk around on top of. But that image changed when you said you were carrying it downstairs. So I thought of a Swiss ball instead. You know, one of those slightly squishy things that you lie on to do crunches and such? But your pic seems to show a hard ball. So I am confused. ;) Perhaps you can help me?

12:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

Coolness. I want a big ball to sit on--just a green ball.

OK, I'll put that on my wish list after the motorcycle :).

12:52 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

Sarah,

Three feet in diameter, minty-fresh green, fairly hard rubber (thick enough to sit on without worrying about poppage). Kapish? ;)

2:45 PM  
Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

You have a lovely and sensible mother.

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home