Saturday, February 25, 2006

Mellow


So Lisa came last night to spend the weekend with me (or mostly with me; I have to share her with her sister a little). Isn't she cute? She's also sweet, godly, and single. The lattermost description is, I'm convinced, a goof on the part of males everywhere. Someday one of them will see the error of his ways, and I just hope he deserves her, because if he doesn't.... well, I'll take steps, that's all.

We went out to dinner, pretended to do homework at Barnes & Noble, and talked about the three G's: God, grades, and guys. Good things were said about all three, with significant emphasis on the Gospel, trusting God, and (yes, I'll be honest) the need to make certain allowances for male weirdness. I haven't had such a great girl time since.... since... since the High Queen came to have lunch at the office with me last Thursday.

In other news, I have finally come out of Egypt. It was a long sojourn, and now I know a lot better how the Israelites must have felt. Overall, I'm satisfied with my work and a little stunned to have written 30 pages worth of seemingly intelligent literary analysis in only... what has it been... eight weeks? That's what we call grace, folks. We also call Grace Grace, but she's not here to answer. For those who are clueless, be it known unto ye that I have been writing curriculum on Egyptian literature (specifically poetry) for lo these many (two) moons.

Let me see, what else? Oh! Lamps. I like lamps, and I have acquired two of my own choosing for my bedroom (as opposed to my study). Observe:



Now, caveats.... that's how it the floor lamp will look when it arrives. However, since I've already had a chance to play with the table lamp (same thing on a smaller scale, which arrived last week), I have come to the decision that I don't much care for the shade. Ergo, picture that, but without the bronzy foliage and the shade. Instead, imagine a normal lampshade... inverted. If you can do that, I'll be impressed. If not, this picture still gives a general idea. Don't worry, I ran the lamp by my experts: Mom and Danya. Mom, as anybody who's been home with me can testify, is a gifted decorator. Danya is an art major/graphics guru. Between them, I feel artistically confident in making this decision.

Happy me. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Adams said...

It was delightful to spend the evening with you, dear, and thanks again for taking me out for dinner and encouraging me so much ... I am so blessed to have a friend like you! Love you :)!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one will deny that - the real question is if girls are weirder. I'm still making up my mind...

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home