Tuesday, February 28, 2006

An Official All-Nighter

So Mom was up all night at the office, and Nate and I were at the office until midnight, counting down to the deadline (March 1) by which our new bookstore is supposed to be up and running. This is further complicated by the fact that Nate accidentally deleted a number of key files while backing up the system a day or two ago. We’ve been reconstituting ever since. Mom is now high on adrenaline, and we are all much punchier than usual.

“I’ve been in labor for two months, guys, and I’m about to give birth to a bookstore!” – Mom
“Well Mom, none of us understand the analogy…. But we all sympathize.” – Christy

“Who closed my files?!” – Mom, sitting back down at her station.
“Sorry, I did. It was an accident.” - Nate
“You are over your accident quotient. No more accidents!” – Mom, with a wink and a smile
“Right. From here on out, it’s straight sabotage.” – Nate, grinning

“Did I ever promise to do that? No!” – Casey, insisting that she is not obligated to bring sanity to the office.

“You know, it sounds like a movie. ‘Out of the Microwave: An Epic Tale.’” – Nate, handing Mom her warmed-over coffee.

::Casey pokes Christy::
“Yes, Chopstick Fairy?” – Christy, taking off her headphones.
“I’m marrying Mike Mulligan. You just missed all this.” – Casey
“Ah.” – Christy
“Mike Mulligan was the epitome of heroism!” – Casey
“He had a steam shovel, Casey.” – Christy
“I know, but it’s Mary Ann and he can’t marry it! That’s my insurance.” – Casey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home