Thursday, February 02, 2006

One Goal Realized

Mom came bouncing in at noon to find me huddled over a recalcitrant set of Lit questions--my take on the "Shakespeare of Egyptian poets," who wrote the breathtaking and difficult Tale of Sinuhe.

"Honey, you know what? Now that you're actually up and running the redesign, and I can let that project go, it's incredible how little I have to do! I'm unstressed!"

Or words to that effect. I sat in stunned disbelief for a few seconds, and forgot the stuffed nose and clogged head which have been plaguing me this past week.

"Really? You mean... my coming home... it worked?"

"Yes!"

I don't know how it happened (though I strongly suspect God), but apparently the goal for whose sake I came home this semester has been in some measure realized. I've been running so hard and fast that I couldn't even say when, or where, or in what manner--but there it is.

And I'm still amazed, because it certainly wasn't me who did it.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Well, yay! :) That is great news. :) My mom is still stressed, but she would be no matter what, since she always has goals that are way too big to accomplish. *sigh* C'est la vie... Plugging away over here...

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home