Monday, March 20, 2006

Lampstand on Steroids

It's only been Spring Break for one day, and already... oh my!

“Be quiet and eat your checkers.” – Mom
“How ‘bout I eat my chocolate instead?” – Christy
“That works.” – Mom

“Sometimes, Elijah, you’re born to suffer.” – Nate
“Is that your wisdom for the day, Nate?” – Christy
“Yeah, pretty much. Suffering is good for you. Builds character. At least, that’s what Calvin and Hobbes tells us.” – Nate

“Whoa! It talked!!!” – Casey, staring at a cell phone.

“If Rhapsody dies, I’m going to kill it!” – Casey

“God is bigger than a pdf…” – Casey, to the tune of God is Bigger than the Boogieman.

“Casey, are you happy?” - Christy
“Yes, I am!” – Casey
“Who gave you permission to be happy?” – Christy
“The Lord!” – Casey
“Good one! For that, I will open the quote list.” – Christy

So Casey has been trying all day to get Nate to eat a chocolate-covered espresso bean…
Nate doesn’t do coffee.
“Come on, just open your mouth! It’ll make you a big boy!” – Casey
“I already am a big boy, Casey.” – Nate
“Come on, it’s not coffee!” – Casey
“What is Casey trying to get Nate to do?” – Abbi
“She’s trying to get him to eat this.” – Christy
“What is it?” – Abbi
“It’s a chocolate-covered espresso bean.” – Casey
“Oh, and Nate doesn’t want it because it’s coffee?” – Abbi
“Right.” – Casey
“You just said it wasn’t coffee!” – Christy

“The kitchen wench would like to make an announcement! Everybody listen!” – Mom about Becky, who is apparently our kitchen wench now.

“My heart, you ripped my heart out, you who were once a great teacher in my co-op class!” – Davy to Mom, paraphrasing lines from Euripides’ Trojan Women. We are so incredibly overeducated around here. :-P
“Well, I was in Trojan Women. You were too? Wow!” – Davy to Peter
“We were pretty much all in Trojan Women at some point.” – Christy

“I’m telling you, the whole play is about Talthyboeus.” – Davy
Trojan Women, Dave. Women!” – Marjorie
“You know, the play is pretty much misnamed.” – Davy

“I should’ve known better than to ask you to draw someone you would want to be in 20 years!” – Christy to Danya, who is being recalcitrant about drawing the professor that we want to use as our “Classical Education” character in Mom’s speeches.

“….So that’s the moment of the day. Praise the Lord, you all love me for who I am inside. Bye!” – Jen, somewhat cryptically, on her way out the door.

“Does one spell ‘desert’ and ‘dessert’ the same way?” – Mom
“Um… one has one ‘s’ and the other has two…” – Christy
“I never can remember, and the spellchecker doesn’t help…” – Mom
“You really are unusually cute; did you know that?” – Christy

1 Comments:

Blogger Marian said...

"There are more s's in dessert, 'cause we all want more of it. Everyone wants a second helping of dessert. There are fewer s's in desert, because we all want less of it. No one wants more desert." *grin*

Or so my mother taught me, during our earliest days in Arizona...

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home