Saturday, May 13, 2006

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

First, the good (and scary) news: the EdenTroupe board has invited me to direct next semester's play. And I think God wants me to do it. And my parents are all in favor. So I accepted.

YIKES!

Second, the bad: I wanted to do The Taming of the Shrew, but cooler and wiser heads prevailed, for good reasons, with which I agree in my saner moments. So I don't get to put on the Shrew. :-/

And now for the ugly... though, after all, what's in a nose? Yes indeed, ladies and gentlemen, I refer to my current top pick for PHC's Fall 2006 play: Cyrano de Bergerac. It's not 20th century, but it's not Shakespeare. It's not a tragedy, but it's not a comedy. Some claim that it can't be staged in Town Hall---but I've seen it staged in a theater not much bigger than ours. It has a timeless message, beautiful language, and best of all, a nose. Oh, what a nose!

I haven't suggested it to the board yet, but depending on what y'all think, I will. Anybody have thoughts about Cyrano?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!

Yes, yes, yes. I shall make a huge effort to fly back from law school if you do that, yes indeed.

Having always wanted the school to do that play, I would be very happy to know that it was done. And you're creative enough to get around the problems it might present for our lowly stage...

~Twynkletoes

9:01 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Goodness me! I really enjoyed that play when I read it, and I would be amused to see it in practice. More power to you, I say. :) And I would like to say right now that I think Jefferson MacDonald would make a lovely Cyrano. ;)

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah... Jefferson for Cyrano... Christy directing... this sounds interesting.

- Nic

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home