Friday, May 19, 2006

MI-3

I saw MI-3 tonight.

Or, to be more exact, Charity and I and Sarah Lewis and the Parents and David and Casey (Danya and Casey just started courting, in case I forgot to mention that in the last week or two) and our Hobbit and a bunch of David's guy friends (don't ask me who or how many; it was all a blur) saw MI-3.

Getting there was a mission in and of itself. We were pulling out of the driveway before we realized that we didn't have Charity, and were halfway down the road before we knew we'd forgotten the Hobbit (and she won't let us forget it any time soon!). What with backtracking, finding a place to park at Rio on a Friday night (not for the fainthearted), and connecting with everybody else once we got there, it was an interesting trip. Of course, we were wired. We sang along to Beauty and the Beast halfway to the theater. Oh, and some luny (that would be me) declared this week to be official call-all-the-girls-by-their-middle-name week. So we had Anne instead of Charity, Margaret instead of Sarah, Jayne instead of Hobbit, and Lynn instead of Casey.

Yikes!

The movie itself was a roller-coaster, of course. I especially appreciated the dialogue and characterization, which have improved (in my opinion) since MI-2. I was glad to have Margaret sitting next to me--we made Latin jokes and side comments to one another throughout the experience. Of course, a major highlight for me was getting to see the Pirates 2 trailer. I really hope that that movie will live up to the promise of the first.

Eh, I'm too tired to worry about writing well, or even coherently. Love to all who helped make a memory tonight, and special thanks to Margaret for making me laugh harder than I have in weeks. I love you, friend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruhamah said...

Wow. I think I've seen enough explosions to last me a year. :-) And those bad guys apparently hadn't read the much-circulated Rules for Evil Warlords, one of them being that if you have a count-down device, it must detonate when it reaches 273, or any absurd number other than zero, to throw the hero off.

But making Latin jokes while watching a movie like that was...well fun just doesn't cover it. Thank you, my friend!

12:30 AM  
Blogger BrittainyA said...

Sounds like good times :) Can't wait to see you Monday evening!

9:46 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

MI3 definitely contained lots of explosions. It began well and had only just started to drag by the end. Not as good as MI1, but better than the sequel.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home