Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Office -- Episode 4

“Was someone claiming that I want to set up the new office like a Roman forum?”- Christy
“Um…” – Casey
“Like, Casey for example?” – Christy
“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” – Casey
“Uh-huh.” – Christy

“Mom! David thinks you’re harboring idols!” – Marjorie
“More like a household god, actually…” – David

“Do you want me to answer it?” – Christy, to Marj, about the ringing phone
“I don’t want you to answer it.” – Mom, referring to a common theme. Christy doesn’t get to answer phones because she is a writing bottleneck and isn’t supposed to have time for anything else.
“Executive burnout, Mom! That’s what will happen to me if I never get to do anything fun!” – Christy, on answering phones.
“Honey, I love you so much…..” – Mom
“That’s always a bad sign.” – Laura

"Why must I deal with this ugly font? I want something else." - Christy, formatting the Government disc.
"Tahoma is a nice font." - Mom
"No, no... I want Minion." - Christy
"Just so it can be pdfed..." - Mom
"Did you guys choose that font just for its name?" - Tim
"Yes! I want a minion!" - Mom
"Ah! So much better." - Christy, admiring the minioned prose.

"I need a sweater. Did Nathan take all his clothes home?" - Mom

"There is a look on your face of guilt being resisted." - Laura
"Yes!" - Christy
"It is the kind of guilt that only a Hillsdale or PHC student would feel, because you had a word that you COULD have translated into Greek, and you didn't." - Laura

“My life is denuded of pillows! I feel like a great oak in the forest, ravaged and pillaged by autumn winds!” – Nathan

“Why, Nate? Why?” – Christy, musing on life, the universe, and her dentist appointment.
“You see, Christy, it all has to do with the confluence of the planets. Mars and Saturn are conspiring to beat up on Jupiter, who is secretly allied with Mercury. Pluto and Venus are taking the ‘wait and see’ approach…” – Nate

“It’s sort of exclusive. Either you think, or you put away the mayonnaise.” – Davy

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes!!

It's too bad you don't have a minion. You seriously need a caste system in Design, even if you are all the same rank. At least be dukes and countesses or something!

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your only "office post" without Grace?! I have to protest!

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home