Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Honest, It's Explicable

Here's the explanation: Weariness leads to silliness, and sometimes weirdness. Subject matter can increase these, especially the last.

“That was work-related! My work-related comments are just funnier than yours!” – Davy

“I will now whisper the national anthem in haiku to myself. That should help.” – Davy

“Thank you for patting my headphones. Somehow that makes everything so much better.” – Christy to Laura

“Laura! Help! I’m going to strangle my computer!” – Christy, fighting with Word formats.
“I’ll gladly lend you another pair of hands with which to do so…” – Laura, who has spent years fighting with Word formats.

“So, Alex, when you’re done helping Christy out with profanity…” – Mom to Alex, who was double-checking literature warnings for profanity in the Iliad and Odyssey.

“Right. So weeks thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, and sixteen need to be profane and rude—no, wait, I didn’t mean it like that!” – Christy to Laura about the column in literature warnings which has been marked “profane” but is now “profane/rude.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Pinon Coffee said...

::giggle:: As for your warnings, but at least you aren't dumbing it down. This makes me happy, even if it is profane and rude... :-)

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home