Friday, February 23, 2007

The Office -- Season Six, Episode 4

“I’m in love with a troublemaker.” – David, referencing Casey
“You just figured this out, did you?” – Christy
“No. I knew this.” – David

“Our struggle may not be against flesh and blood, but it sure is against microchips. I’m pretty much convinced that Microsoft Word is a power or a principality” – Christy

“I am proud to announce that, after five months here, we need a new sponge.” – Mom, finishing up the Office dishes.
“That’s….um, good. That’s progress!—well, if by ‘progress’ I mean ‘entropy…’” – Christy

“Well, I thought of doing a solid block with text… but I thought it would violate your teacup!” – Mom to David
“It wouldn’t.” – David, wryly

Businesspeak between Homeschool Mom Magnates

DanaCinTN: the only deal is that this one is $31
DanaCinTN: I'm going to study on it
MarciaChatting: ok... well?
MarciaChatting: I think it's right to try to have one book per level
MarciaChatting: and address $$ issues in
MarciaChatting: Glance budget notes
MarciaChatting: It would be REALLY good to have those notes for Casey BEFORE
DanaCinTN: and it isn't quite so bad if we use it in about 4 weeks
MarciaChatting: right!
MarciaChatting: And we don't have anythign for W3...
MarciaChatting: I mean on Islam in particular
DanaCinTN: I think we can use it in weeks 1-3 and then again in week 7 for crusades
MarciaChatting: right...
DanaCinTN: I'll make adjustments in a bit.
DanaCinTN: We're fixin' to dissect a starfish.
DanaCinTN: and then I'll be back….

“I dunno. I’m kinda thrashing around in my music life right now…. Like an infant with night terrors.” – David

“Can you just put it up on the thing?” – Mom
“Well, have you been a good girl this year?” – David

“Should we remove red from it? Too much red. Looks kinda orchid-ish” – David
“Right. But we don’t want it to be come too grossly tan…” – Mom
“Absolutely. But, you see, this red and this red are secretly the same. They just are.” – David
“Okay… you’re right” – Mom
“So this is how this is going to print. It’s gonna look like that” – David
“Well, that’s happy” – Mom
“Maybe it’s this thing” – David
“It probably is, because that is nothing like that. I hate to break it to you” – Mom
“Yeah…. Problem solved. No ugly shading necessary.” – David

“Are we going to hate this page now?” – Mom
“No.” – David

“No, I’m not disagreeing with you. I’m fighting with the software. You’re wonderful.” – David to Mom

“That’s good!” – Mom
“No. That’s woefully insufficient.” – David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home