Friday, August 10, 2007

In Honor of Laura's Last Day...

I present the latest collection of quotes. Let all and sundry mourn the passing of Laura, friend to yours truly since age 16, employee of Lampstand Press for the past six summers, and now off to be a Hilldale senior and a who-knows-what-but-it-will-be-marvelous after that.

Laura, dear, I salute you. :-)

“Why don’t you just call them ‘super-friends’?” – Mom on the notorious difficulty of defining Hamlet and Ophelia’s relationship.

“The Bookshelf is now officially in its pumpkin coach.” – David

“My life is haunted by dentists.” – Christy
“That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.” – Casey

“Just so you’re clear about being smitten. Unclear smitten-ness is the cause of half the misery in the world.” – Christy
“I tend to agree with that.” – Laura
“Though it’s also the cause of half the humor in the world. Look at romantic comedies.” – Brittainy

“Okay, good. Then I’m going to unplug myself.” – Yvonne
“Don’t do it, Yvonne! Hang on to the life-support!” – Christy

“We are good like yellow.” – David
“Yellow?” – Mom
“Um… ‘good like jello’?” – David
“Ooo-kay.” – Mom

"Diet of Worms. The 'diet' comes from a Latin word 'dies,' meaning 'day.' So a 'diet' is basically just a 'day of proceedings.'" - Dad "In some small way, knowing that, I feel my world is more at peace now." - Laura. (What makes it funny is that she was part-way serious.)

“We came to a conclusion. My standard for murder is higher than hers. And I feel good about that.” – David on his conversation with Mom

Another Brainstorming Session: Mom and Dave
“Your Share & Save ‘native land’?” – Mom
“Um…” – David
“Share & Save Mother Ship! I like it!” – Mom
“Wow.” – David
“How about ‘your Share & Save Garden’?” – David
“How about ‘your Share & Save spinning stool’?” – David

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home