Thursday, November 08, 2007

I Have A Niece


Not only that, but my niece had the admirable good taste to be born on her due date, today, November 8th.

Her name is Nora Caryl, and yes, she is the first.

I always wondered whether, when Nora was born, I would collapse into fits of adoration and proclaim her the sweetest, prettiest, best infant in the world.

Well, I won't proclaim any of the above....yet, for the simple reason that I haven't been to visit her yet. Mike and Jess are understandably asking for time to recover before all the new uncles and aunts flood the hospital room. However, from the pictures I conclude that she looks like most newborns---all scrunchy and red.

The pictures, of course, don't keep me from believing with all my heart that she is the sweetest, best, and prettiest child that has ever been seen. It just means that I haven't yet had a chance to prove it by close observation. :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a precious thing. I rejoice with you in this. Congratulations to the family.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa Adams said...

You're an auntie to a cute little baby :). Congratulations!!!

3:36 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

Hooray! I wish my older brother and his wife would hurry up and have a baby. I want to be an aunt!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home