Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Something Beautiful

We've been working like crazy on Les Miserables for the last week, and shall probably continue all this week. This morning I sat at my computer, blinking back tears, trying to get through the last few pages. Finally, we gave up; our emotions were too deeply engaged; it was too painful and far too beautiful. "We'll try again tomorrow."

Then I turned to writing a wedding letter to a friend, and there it was again: something beautiful. I posted the letter and returned to... what? Shakespeare and the gospel---at the same time. Meanwhile, my music had shuffled itself on to the Newsboys song, "Something Beautiful."

It was then I realized that today is going to be one of those days when God sends me His greetings out of every shred of matter, time, and space. Well, what else did you think beauty was? It is the radiance of the real. It is the greeting of the immortal realms. It is, I think, God's kiss.

My day will be suffused with beauty. And when you think what I have in fact deserved of God, my dear, you will see why this gift brings me closer to tears even than Les Miserables, and closer to rapture than even Shakespeare. The branding iron is removed; a kiss falls instead. Who could do it? Only God. I am learning love from Him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He will quiet you with His love..."

I've been thinking about the quieting effect of love sometimes.

This post was something beautiful; it had something of you in it just as the Creator's whispers have Him in them. You emulate Him, and you exalt Him.

Let me know if you got my email.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Praelucor said...

Thank you, dear heart. :-) I am working in a letter to you (up to a page and a half so far), but I haven't received your email.... :-/

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home