Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Office: Season 7 --- "I'd like to thank..."

“I'd like to thank all the people who've helped me win this great award ...” – Ray, on getting into the quote book

“I’m just really overwhelmed right now. I feel like this study [of Les Miserables] is never going to be finished.” – Christy
“Aw. Here, take this.” – David
“What is it?” – Christy
“It’s funny.” – David
“Oh.” – Christy
“I haven’t even finished it yet. Greater love hath no boy than this, to let you read his comic book before he does.” – David
::several seconds pass::
“Here. You’ll like it.” – Christy to David
“But did it make you feel better?” – David
“Yes. It did. It’s all good now.” – Christy
“Oh good. See? Trust Davy.” – David
The comic book? Frank and Frank. Caterpillars, the passage of time, and butterflies. ‘Nuff said.

“When I was a kid, Pluto was a planet!” – Dad
“Pluto still is a planet, Dad. Anybody who says differently is selling something.” – Christy, trying to soothe him
“Mostly they are selling textbooks.” – Ben

“What am I doing?” – Christy to herself
“That’s a very good question.” – Sam
“You know what, you’re a very good question.” – Christy, with mild sarcasm
“I’ve noticed that.” – Sam, smugly

“Mrnow. Bdee! Bwow.” – David, commenting to Christy on his own pictures
“Do you have a problem, Dave?” – Dad
“No. I’m just talking with Christy. We’ve progressed beyond the need for words.” – David
“But not beyond the need for sounds and eyebrows.” – Christy

“You know, gloomy ideas. Isn’t there a word for that?” – Dad to Brittainy
“Philosophy.” – David

The David and Sam Show:
“David!” – Sam, invoking on the office fixit deity
“Yes, Sam.” – David
“My computer!” – Sam
“Speak sternly to it.” – David
“It’s being estupido!” – Sam
“A rod for the back of fools, Sam. Kick it.” – David
“If only I could.” – Sam
“I’ll come help you… as soon as I finish the very important job of moving this red line over two pixels.” – David

“Aaargh! You see, if it were enough to be an artistic analyst, I could do that. But it’s not enough. You have to be an amateur theologian, philosopher, historian, writer, audience member, student of human nature, and who-knows-what-else, in order to deal with literature! I can’t do this!” – Christy
“And yet, you love it.” – David
“Well, yes. That is the problem.” – Christy

“A human of student nature?” – David
“Yes! Actually, that would be a great thing for a teacher to say to a student: ‘I am a student of human nature, and you are a human of student nature. We can work with this.’” – Christy
“Yeah, that’s a good one. File that away for future classroom use.” – David

“What did you send me, Christy?” – Mom, who has just received a link via IM
“A brief interlude of hedonistic delight.” – Christy
“No, really. What is it?” – Mom
“Baby.” – Christy
“Oh!” – Mom

“My goal for this back-of-the-book picture is to get Rebecca [marriage] proposals by mail.” – David on the author picture he’s working on
::general chuckling::
“And I think that that’s a good goal!” – David

“This computer is going as slow as a dog that ate a slug that crawled over salt after a particularly depressing Monday.” – David

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best yet.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home