Monday, July 21, 2008

The Office: Season 7 -- "Those Deep-Cleansing Sneezes"

"I'm not a big sanity person." – Mom, intending to say “I’m not a big sanitary person,” meaning she’s not that big on sanitation.

"You're operating under the erroneous assumption that boys have brains. What they actually have is a stomach, an ego, raw instinct, and a soul. And muscle. Lots of muscle. Beyond that, the girls have the brains. And the looks." –David

“What is it with girls and the horse phase?” – Sam
“It’s a prelude to the boy phase… and, I guess, the child phase.” – Christy
“I have a friend at school who said that 'Girls like horses because they're big, strong, powerful, and they have the minds of five-year-olds. Then they get older, and they realize, "Hey, these things come in guys!'"
"Yup, that." - Christy

“Well, that’s the great thing about them all being dead and me being single. I’m free to have my passions.” – Christy on Dante, Donne, and Frost

“This is in the middle of his life, and normally he'd be doing the bad, mischievous kind of stuff that poets do—but here, all he does is write and publish.” – Peter on Robert Browning

“My next job after this is going to be motherhood, which is kinda freaking me out.” – Amy

“I’ll bet you didn’t know that I have hamsters running around inside me.” – David
“I had my suspicions.” – Christy

“Why are you still alive?” – Sam to a fly
“Go get him, mighty hunter.” – David to Sam

“You see my problem here.” – Sam
“Yes. However, it’s your problem, and that’s the main thing.” – Christy, happy that it isn’t her problem

“I know I’m having a bad attitude, but I just don’t want to do this right now!” – Amy
“Here, let me help you,” – Christy, reaching for the Happy Little Working Song from Enchanted
“You see, things could be so much worse. You could be a Disney princess, singing with vermin.” – David
::David gets hold of the computer and plays Bad Day by Alvin and the Chipmunks::
“Okay, I’m good! Really! You can stop now!” – Amy
“Are you cured yet, Amy?” – Christy
“I am cured five hundred fold! Now make it stop!” – Amy
And the music plays on….
“You know, if Brittainy were here, that music would have been off by now!” – Amy
“Well, she’s not here!” – David
And the song concludes…
“Amy, we’ll comfort you any time you want.” – David
“I don’t ever want to be comforted again!” – Amy
And there was much laughter all round…

“Her last name is bohemian, not Spanish.” – Christy to Amy, about Brittainy
“She is the bohemian rhapsody” – David, about Brittainy

“Ah, you gotta love those deep-cleansing sneezes” – Sam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, that.

Good gracious, Christy! it does good like medicine.

It is so good and so pleasurably painful that life, there, goes on in my absence; with all its changes and challenges. And I miss to be a part of it, but you give me windows through which to look.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home