Saturday, August 02, 2008

And Then, You Know...

.... I was thinking today: my life is very beautiful. Beneath me is the fragrant ground, which is comfort and strength. Above me is the sky, which is freedom and laughter. Above that is God, who is everything: more than enough. Far away, somewhere, who knows where, are my sins which He has removed. Just down the street my lovely forest is humming with magic. In front of me are words, words, words, a hundred million meaningful words of all colors: golden, black, red as fire, sea-green, the purple that is more than purple---heaps of gems!

Ah me, it is too much, and yet I would not it were one whit less. Indeed, I even wish for more.

God, please, give me the ability to enjoy more?

And please, Lord, the gift of gratitude? And perhaps some strength?

And Jesus? Just one more glimpse of the city and the river?

You see how greedy I am? But really, it is all just one request.

Be You. And then, permit me to worship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home