Monday, December 08, 2008

The Office --- Season 8: "All for Love, WorldBook, and Ghandi"

“David’s idea of fun is being married to Casey.” – Christy
“You know, that’s actually true.” – David

“No, my first impulse was to feed you; my second impulse was to enslave you.” – Christy to Marjorie (who was protesting about being asked to carry in groceries).

“You rock!” – Juli to Ray
“Oh, I’m really more of a pebble.” – Ray

“So why did people suddenly decide that marriage was all about love, anyway?” – Christy, working on an article about nineteenth-century literature
“Anger.” – David

“Poets have been dumb about women for a long time.” – David

“How 'bout you and I write all the articles to replace WorldBook?” – David to Ray
“That may be quicker.” – Ray

And so it begins: Historical Articles by David and Ray (no, not for real)...

"George Washington was this guy who was President or something." – Ray
“Article on the French and Indian Wars: "This is when Napoleon and Ghandi took up arms against one another." – David
“Civil War: ‘A particularly polite controversy which consisted of much sneering and a few murmured aspersions.’" – David
“The Cotton Gin: ‘The first homemade alcoholic beverage made from this fibrous plant.’" – David

And then they got onto their favorite subject: fictional bands....

“I was in a band called Sneer and the Murmured Aspersions. I was one of the Aspersions. Reggae doo-wop.” – Ray
“Wow.” – David
“I looked GOOD in dreds.” - Ray
“I want to hear this.” – David
“Sadly, all the [music] records were burned. About twenty minutes ago.” – Ray

“I hate romantic love.” – Christy, sighing over a long article on the subject that is giving her a headache
::David, Amy, Julie, and Brittainy, all of whom are either engaged or married, look at her::
“Um… sorry… I didn’t mean it quite that way…” – Christy

“So in many ways we have our cake and eat it too. We just don’t have a bottle of champagne.” – David on the pros and cons of the ebook for the new DE project

“I was merely trying to ascertain your wishes…” – Christy to Amy

“Tell me something scary, something to shake me out of my apathy.” – Christy to Brittainy
“How ‘bout ‘Little girls who don’t do their work get eaten by monsters under the bed.’” – Amy
“That’ll do.” – Christy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home